Associate Manager, Social Purpose (KFC Global)
Program Management and Partnerships (50%)
- Partner with Yum!, sister brands and KFC Global markets to establish programming partnerships for “Feeding People’s Potential” (FPP) supporting the three pillars of food security, opportunity and skill building
- Assist with researching and vetting programmatic partners who are best suited in local markets to advance our FPP initiatives
- Gather, create and distribute global best practices, guidance and training to market teams
- Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders on FPP governance, including:
- Signature program development, implementation and expansion
- Documentation and evaluation
- Define obstacles and work with markets to troubleshoot and/or provide workarounds
- Work with IT, Ops and/or outside vendors to elevate the restaurant experience for Team Members (TMs) by simplifying related in-restaurant processes
- Budget management
- Test and automate new infrastructure or systems as needed
- Performance tracking against key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Support other KFC Global Fast Good efforts, including volunteerism, disaster relief as well as the broader Fast Good strategy focused on people, food and planet.
- Develop and execute communication strategies and stories surrounding Fast Good and FPP, including building an editorial calendar and messaging architecture.
- Track and share the impact of our social purpose initiatives
- Create engaging communications deliverables that work across channels: social, email, speech/script writing, etc.
- Develop executive presentations and reports to summarize details and results – impact and ROI –of programs
- Effective January 3, 2022, KFCrequires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
- Education/Certifications: Undergraduate Degree from accredited 4-year university – Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications – Preferred.
- 5-7 years of related experience in internal or external communications; corporate experience, preferably with a multinational brand, is preferred.
- Strong, proven communications background with exemplary writing, editing, proofreading and presentation creation capability.
- Proven project management experience
- Experience creating metrics and measurement for programs and communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of leadership.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a bias towards action and proactive collaboration.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage large-scale projects with attention to detail.
- Must be able to meet deadlines while managing multiple stakeholder groups.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint.
- Experience in non-profit or social purpose specific work and/or clients is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior leadership and generate actionable recommendations.
- Ability to establish and nurture strong relationships with diverse groups and create and maintain sound remote networks.
Who is KFC?
KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM.), is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who believed in doing things “the hard way,” because nothing ever got done right by cutting corners. Hard work, hospitality and integrity are still core to our brand today.
While we’re grounded in our heritage, we’re always looking forward to the future and evolving to make it easier for our customers to enjoy our chicken. Through digital innovation, our goal is to make KFC available everywhere, implementing a frictionless & friendly experience leveraging scalable technology stack and standards and accelerating rollouts via multiple channels. And we’re growing… a new KFC restaurant opens somewhere in the world every six hours.
As we grow, KFC is committed to doing so responsibly through commitments like our 2025 global plastic packaging goal and the KFC Harvest program, which to date has donated over 82 million pounds of food to our local communities around the world. Our purposes is feeding people’s potential, whether that means helping team members get through school, turn their passion for fried chicken into a career, or being a positive force in our communities. We fight inequality and believe in all people. Everyone has a seat at our table: from millionaires to truck drivers, to our more than 800,000 Team Members, to our customers around the world, KFC treats everyone like family.
Our people are what make us distinctively KFC, and we value every opportunity to celebrate the unique perspectives and backgrounds they bring to our company.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.