Real Estate & Development Manager
COMPENSATION: $110,600 - $135,100 (Varies based on Skills & Experience)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The KFC Real Estate & Development Manager oversees execution from concept to completion of KFC Corporate new stores, delivering on performance metrics of Timeliness, Cost, and Quality. This person will be first on the scene to determine premium sites, develop broker relationships, and negotiate favorable terms. They will also introduce KFC to new & growing trade areas by leading the real estate activities for new Development.
- Lead National real estate development activity by building relationships with key partners
- Drive corporate development process including; market planning, site selection & approval, and real estate contracts.
- Work in tandem with construction managers to ensure seamless transitions into permitting, construction, and turnover/grand opening on individual projects.
- Attain planned corporate development action approvals and timely new store openings for territory. Complete accurate forecasting and risk assessment.
- Moderate to heavy (30-50%) travel depending on pipeline priorities.
Corporate Operations, Corporate Program Manager, Development, Finance, Corporate Store Facility Leaders, Restaurant Excellence and Engineering Teams, KFC Portfolio Management Team, KFC Architecture & Design Team, Architectural Consultants, RSCS, General Contractors, FF&E Vendors, Municipalities and Governing Agencies
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Education/Certifications – BA/BS in real estate, finance, business or related field required. Masters in Real Estate or MBA preferred.
- Well-developed knowledge of QSR landscape and real estate norms and trends across key DMA’s.
- Relevant development / real estate experience with an understanding of multiple asset formats will be important.
- A wide network within the real estate community, including Real Estate Brokers, Town Planners, Developers and Chambers of Commerce will be beneficial.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of market planning, real estate, development related experience with demonstrated organizational impact and increasing responsibility in related areas. Experience in franchise, multi-unit restaurant/retail industry preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in broad development technical areas. This includes site selection, trade area analysis, real estate contract negotiating, construction management, facilities management, and architecture.
- Project management skills, strong system/technical skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with strong/advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of Power BI, SmartSheet, Microstrategy, GIS analytics, and real estate related tools is a plus.
KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the few brands in America that can boast about having a rich, 60-year history of success and innovation. In fact, KFC is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain and a division of Yum! Brands, the world’s largest restaurant company.
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 45,000 restaurants in more than 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. In 2018, Yum! Brands was recognized as part of the inaugural Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index.The company’s restaurant brands –KFC,Pizza HutandTaco Bell– are global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories.
More important than our size is our commitment to breakthrough innovation and the success of our employees. We're proud of the unique culture we've built, one where everyone can be their best self, make a difference and have fun! We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.