Associate Manager, Strategic Finance
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Marketing Analysis (Business Planning) team in Finance. You’ll be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team that partners closely with Marketing, Digital, Food Innovation, Operations, and Supply Chain. The Associate Manager is instrumental to launching the unique and craveable products that are Taco Bell’s secret sauce.
As a key member of the team, this individual will develop financial insights, strategies, and recommendations throughout the testing, development, and execution of marketing initiatives. You’ll play a key role in new and existing products, pricing and menuboard strategy, and driving growth across digital channels.
Necessary strengths include: financial modeling and analysis, strategic problem solving, data analysis, a great attitude, and ability to partner cross-functionally.
This is a dynamic point of entry to Taco Bell; successful members of the team can move to roles in several different parts of the finance team or into other areas across Taco Bell and YUM brands.
- Determining sales mix and profit impact of marketing campaigns
- Breakeven analysis and pro forma development
- Advising stakeholders on the financial impact of campaign decisions
- Cost of sales forecasting and supply chain projections
- Analysis of product test market and national marketing promotions
- Providing financial and strategic recommendations in designing campaigns
- Shaping product ideas and developing financial perspectives
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis, distilling insights, and making actionable recommendations
- Has financial responsibility for layer of marketing calendar (eg: breakfast, group occasions, etc.)
- Influence cross functional partners, routinely at the Manager through Director level
- Responsible for presenting financials of their programs to franchisees—Finance sub-committee and Marketing committee
Is This You?
- BA required; analytical degree preferred (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- MBA Preferred
- 5-7 years relevant work experience (Corporate Finance, Consulting, etc.)
- Strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, and logical thinking
- Desire to have a large impact on our organization with a can-do attitude
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work well in a team environment and partner cross functionally
- Ability to synthesize data and financial analysis to help shape business decisions
- Resourceful nature with an ability to build business cases through financial models, data, and relevant assumptions
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.