Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking to hire a Construction Manager who is interested in joining a Category One development team reinventing the way Taco Bell builds, renovates and maintains restaurants. The successful candidate will manage reimaging, remodeling and construction of new and replacement corporate Taco Bell restaurants and franchise Taco Bell restaurants as needed. The candidate will also support the overall National pipeline with new, remodel and warranty projects in the US. This candidate must have a passion for providing top notch support for our development teams by collaboratively working cross function to deliver World Class stores and modeling Taco Bell’s unique Live Mas Culture.
- Supervise the construction of Taco Bell restaurants and/or reimages/remodels of existing Taco Bell restaurants by managing the entire project from corporate approval thru opening. Including feasibility, city planning, permitting, utility coordination, bidding, cost tracking, equipment vendors, construction, punch list, opening and 11 month warranty.
- Review project feasibility reports and develop project budgets and schedules.
- Manage project budgets and schedules throughout entire project from corporate approval thru opening use smartsheet.
- Request, review and manage equipment and 3rd party vendor quotes and invoicing.
- Directly manage the work of outside consultants, third party vendors and equipment/signage suppliers as it relates to Taco Bell construction projects.
- Select qualified General Contractors (GC’s) for competitive bidding, review and qualify bids, award work and directly supervise the performance of GC’s throughout each project.
- Conduct regular, detailed project management meetings with consultants, suppliers, operators and other relevant project contacts to facilitate projects completions on-time and within approved budget parameters.
- Closely manage the documentation of all project-related material and documents (ie. bid documents, project trackers, invoices/draw requests, notices of construction progress, closeout documents, warranty inspections, etc.)
- Cross train with Associate CM’s, Construction Analyst and Construction Coordinators to provide team support to the construction team as needed.
- Extensive (50%+) travel to attend city and consultant meeting as well as perform construction site visits, pre-bid/pre-construction meetings as needed to facilitate high-quality project openings.
Is This You?
- Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodations. Proof of vaccination required.
- 5 years or more in the Construction Management field, preferably in the multi-unit retail/restaurant industry
- Relevant professional qualification in Project Management, Facilities Management or Construction Management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with corporate team members, field-level operators, contractors and city personel.
- Proven negotiation skills
- You are a phenomenal multitasker and enjoy an exciting fast paced environment.
- A drive for excellence and results with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Smartsheet, Powerpoint and love learning new computer skills.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.